iChat gives you the option to add GMail,AIM, Mac etc accounts for chatting. It doesn’t allows you to directly add Facebook chat. But you can add Facebook chat as a Jabber account, which allows you to chat directly from your iChat application in Mac. Follow these easy steps and you can chat with your Facebook Friends right from iChat app.
- Open iChat and go to Preferences and then accounts section.
- Click the Add icon to Add an Account and select Jabber account.
- Put “firstname.lastname@example.org” in Username without quotes.
- Put Facebook Account password in the Password.
- Click to expand the Server Options.
- Put “5222” without quotes in Port and leave everything as it is.
- Click on Done and you are ready to chat with your Facebook Friends right from your iChat app.
You can use MyLife.com to connect to your friends and check all updates from all your Social Networks right into one place. You can connect MyLife.com with your twitter, facebook, linkedin, gmail, AOL and much more.You can get instant updates from all your Social Networks right into one place,so you don’t need to open every Social Media site to check your friend’s updates.